[mythtv-users] Only left audio channel recorded

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Fri Nov 10 19:32:48 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 19:42, Austin Roberts wrote:
> Hi, I've been running MythTV for quite a while, and recently I've been
> growing fed up with only having one channel of sound. All of the audio
> recorded by MythTV is played back through the left speaker only (I have a
> 2.1 sound system). I'm using a software encoder, which I know many people
> frown upon, however I'd like to mention that tv-time is able to play
> through all three speakers. This happens whether I use MP3 compression, or
> uncompressed audio. Is there any way I can tweak my settings to get MythTV
> to record both left and right audio, or am I out of luck until I can afford
> to upgrade my tuner?

I wonder if it's the same as my problem?

In my case, both channels are recorded, but only one is played. I had to
enable separate muting for stereo channels in the FE setup, and then hit '|'
to mute the left channel. That makes both channels play.

Give it a try, may be you get lucky.

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT