[mythtv-users] Mute

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 07:11:51 UTC 2006

> > When I press the pipe to mute, "Mute On" appears on the screen, but
> > the sound still plays...?  Sup?
>
> Are you set up for digital audio? If so then the volume controls such
> as mute, vol up/down won't work. You'll have to use your receiver's
> volume controls instead.

I never "meant" to setup for digital audio, if I did.  I guess Mike's
hitting me again for not having full details.  :)  Sorry, I'm trying,
I'll get better.

I'm on .20, FC5, and I've got an Intel MB with the built in Realtek
ALC883.  I just plugged into the "Line Out, or Front L/R Out" jack,
and everything seems to have worked.  I guess there's either a more
appropriate way to configure this?

BTW, Mike, I actually spent about a minute trying to figure out what
audio.* was.  "Is he telling me there are some files for the audio
configuration, and he wants me to look at all of them?  audio.conf,
audio.txt, etc..."  Hehe.

Honestly, I'll get better about the information I provide.