[mythtv-users] Mythtv0.20 and lirc

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 10 07:03:25 UTC 2006

On 11/10/2006 01:50 AM, Vidal Sainz wrote:
> Yes the file is in the correct location.  I wish it was something that
> simple.  I also did a test and removed the lircrc file expecting the
> mythfrontend to complain about the missing file and it does not.

In SVN trunk, if your mythfrontend has LIRC support compiled in, you
should see something like:

2006-11-09 20:19:42.986 lirc init success using configuration file:
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc

upon starting mythfrontend if you've configured everything correctly.

If using 0.20 fixes, there's no "success" message, but (in basically any
version--including SVN head), you should see something like:

2006-11-09 20:19:42.986 Failed to read lirc config
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc for ...

if your lircrc file doesn't exist and the mythfrontend is compiled with
LIRC support.  If you don't get that message, by my reading, it should
mean that you don't have LIRC support compiled in.

Did you compile yourself?  Did you check the configure output (as
opposed to assuming that LIRC was there because you said, "--enable-lirc")?

Mike