[mythtv-users] Suggestions for HDTV system

Thu Nov 9 19:17:19 UTC 2006

Mark Chang wrote:

>I like that silicon dust kit. One thing I'm concerned with is the
>networking of the device. I live in a building where the networking
>infrastructure is provided (think of it more like an office building).
>While it is all GigE, it is a pretty busy network. Also, I do not have
>control over my DHCP server. So long as it plays well in this
>configuration, and I will give it some consideration, as it is a great
>way to get dual tuners. Then, all I need is to get an NTSC card and
>we'll be replacing my Tivo.
>
>Thanks for any heads up info.

<snip>

http://www.silicondust.com
Hate to hi-jack the thread, but does anyone here use this?  How is it's
sensitivity? Does it work well with mythv?  I see it's listed as
compatible, but would like to get some in the trenches account.  I have
a system that I would love to add hd capbablities to but the board
doesn't have any more PCI slots.  Only 2 to begin with.  1 is for the
pvr250 and the other is for a cooling fan.  The case is soooo compact.

Thanks