[mythtv-users] Recording Groups and Categories

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 04:53:49 UTC 2006

I'm trying to get things setup to keep the kids to their own shows.

Basically, I've read about Recording Groups, and that appears to be
the area that I'll use to get this setup.

But, this creates some questions for me.  First off, I'm on FC5, Myth
.20, atrpms, etc...  but that shouldn't matter with this question.

1.  I've got it set to ask for the group when you go into Watch
Recordings, but it also shows Categories...  So, even if I get all the
kids shows into "Kids", and I password protect "All Programs", then
the kids can still choose things like "Action", etc... that are under
the Categories area???

2.  Am I even understanding how this works correctly?  I should
password protect All Programs (default so that everything's
protected), and then put kids shows in another group?

3.  How do you "edit" the Recording Groups?  Or can you?

4.  When trying to "tag" recordings and change several at once, it is
only doing it one at a time.  This is per
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html .  It says that you
can use '/' to tag recordings, then change them all at once with I ,
however when I do that, it only changes 1 at a time...?

I've seen a bunch of posts, and even some info in the wiki, but this
appears to be a little unclear.  Could someone that really, really
knows it help us parents out?

Thanks so much!