[mythtv-users] mythtvosd

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 02:18:36 UTC 2006

On 11/9/06, Trey Thompson <treythompson at gmail.com> wrote:
> is that the right ip to use?  that's a subnet mask...
>
> On 11/8/06, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 0.20 11680 mythtvosd doesnt seem to work, I run:
> >
> > mythtvosd --template=scroller --scroll_text="New mail has arrived."
> >
> > as per the wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Little_Gems#mythtvosd)
> >
> > Sent UDP/XML packet to IP 255.255.255.255 and port: 6948
> >
> > but  nothing is displayed, Ive tried it while in live tv, and in
> > recordings, neither works.
> >
> > myth is listening on 6948, do I need to enable a option for this to work.
> >
> > Andy

Ah ha, the sky2 ethernet driver even in 2.6.18.1 is still not quite
100% stable, it had locked up earlier today and as a result something
was wrong with firewall or network, I rebooted and it works now.

The driver is getting better in each kernel release, its not done that
for quite a while since I upgraded to .1 :)

Andy