[mythtv-users] Internal usb hub question

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 20:05:01 UTC 2006

> Hello,
>
> I'm adding an internal IR receiver:
>
> http://www.ricavisionplix.com/MCE_Internal_Receiver_p/intrec.htm
>
> So, all of my internal usb connectors on the mboard (msi k8ngm2-fid,
> case antec fusion) are already used--so I'll need to add an internal hub
> in order to share one of the onboard USB connectors.

It's a little uglier, but is there a reason you don't just run the USB out
the back and connect it externally?  You can even bend one of those nice
vented slot covers the Fusion comes with to run the cable out through it.
:)  This is what I've done, and while it's not perfect, it's certainly does
the job.

Brett.