[mythtv-users] nova-t 500

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Wed Nov 8 16:58:55 UTC 2006

Robin Hill schrieb:
> On Wed Nov 08, 2006 at 02:51:36PM +0100, jorge galve wrote:
>
>> Hi All, i don't know if somebody can help me
>>
>> Anybody know any stable driver for install the nova-t 500 in the
>> mythtv 0.20and the steps for do it?
>>
> You'll need to grab the latest v4l-dvb drivers from
> http://www.linuxtv.org/ (I think you'll have to do a mercurial
> checkout) and compile against a recent 2.6 kernel.  The remote control
> is currently not supported, and I've had frequent lockups which I've
> been told are caused by MythTVs EIT code (i.e. disabling this should
> prevent the lockups), though I've not reinstalled the card to test this
> yet.
>
> HTH,
>         Robin

Hi Robin,

do you have a link to some information about the problem with the EIT
code? I ask because I have rather frequent backend crashes here with my
0.20, and the last messages in my syslog seem to be always EIT related.
I am using a NOVA-T card (not 500 I think). I thouhgt it was some db
problem and thought about reinstalling but I would care to know if it
could be something else.

TIA,

	Matthias