[mythtv-users] PATCH: enable mythweb streaming via .asx

Dave Pearson lists at netsalve.com
Wed Nov 8 06:59:12 UTC 2006

Rich West wrote:
> Dave Pearson wrote:
>
>> Rich,
>>
>> I've applied your patch and I've obviously introduced an error somewhere
>> because the downloaded file has a .htm extension added after the .asx!
>> Do you have any idea what I have done to break it? Incidentally, if I
>> save the file and remove the .htm extension, the program plays in
>> Windows Media Player correctly.
>>

> This might be due to the content-type line.. I inadvertently put it as:
> print header(-type                => 'text/html',
>
> When it should have been:
> print header(-type                => 'video/x-ms-asf',
>
> Thanks go to catfish at halfdone.com for point this one out to me. :)
>
> -Rich

Yes,

That fixed it.

Another problem I have now found is that when I try and play a recording
on a linux pc, none of the players I have so far tried will ask for a
userid and password when attempting to play the file (Windows Media
Player does), instead they crash. Is there a way of including a userid &
password in the asx file?

Regards,
Dave.