[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy - amd64 - IVTV Firmware Unresponsive

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 01:28:57 UTC 2006

I'm running into some problems with Edgy and ivtv.  I know that this is
mythtv and not ivtv lists, but I figured somebody could help...

Here's my problem.  When I exit live tv and go back in, sometimes once,
sometimes twice, and sometimes it takes three times, I get a 'firmware
unresponsive error'.  I followed Mario's wiki up on ubuntu.org on installing
everything, and I think I'm running into problems with ivtv.  I found this
posting...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/users/31538

It says that there's a 64bit bug in ivtv after .6.1 and to use 0.6.1 to fix
it.

Now that the problem is documented, how do I go about fixing this in
ubuntu?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
mike