[mythtv-users] Do any of you use Ion3 as a window manager? Does it work?

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 8 00:49:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 07:13:43PM -0500, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> I'm thinking that Ion3 is an obvious choice for a WM on a set top box.
>  There really is no point in a desktop or unused space on a Television
> screen.
>
> http://modeemi.cs.tut.fi/~tuomov/ion/
>
> So does this work well with MythTV?

I didn't read all that carefully, but it looks very similar in concept
to ratpoison. Many people use ratpoison successfully, I imagine this
would work just as well. I suspect that it would probably also have the
same problems that kept me from using ratpoison, but there's no shortage
of small window managers - there's something for everybody's needs.

--
Michael Heironimus