[mythtv-users] Audio

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Nov 7 19:33:35 UTC 2006

I have what I think might be a silly question, but what are people using
for digital audio from their Myth systems?

My DVD player has optical audio out which my receiver determines is 5.1
dolby surround.  I'm trying to figure out how I can get audio out from
my Myth system to my receiver and get more than just left/right audio.

My on-board sound claims to have 5.1 surround sound support, but, well,
I have no idea how to tap in to that.  I've considered getting another
sound card with optical out but I am not sure if I need it...

-Rich