[mythtv-users] Myth vs. Sage vs. Beyond

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Nov 7 17:10:00 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 21:08 -0800, Joe Votour wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 12:53 -0800, Joe Votour wrote:
>
> I'm guessing that this part isn't finished yet, but I'll ask anyway - the
> OSD is still rendered in the same surface as the video, right?  (In other
> words, there's no way to have a full-width OSD in 720p mode when watching
> 720x480 content.)

There are two ways you can get the OSD rendered in screen space instead
of in video space. One is to use ChromaKey OSD, and the other is to use
OpenGL OSD. The first works with most cards, except for nVidia cards
after 6xxx, the second works only with nVidia cards and requires that
you link against their XvMC library instead of the XvMC wrapper lib.
There will be a third option, rendering the OSD in a separate window
with X11 Compositing (this will only work with nVidia initially, but
the Intel drivers should support it by Xorg 7.2 or 7.3.)

It's very much a work in progress though...

-- Daniel