[mythtv-users] dvb signal statistics?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Nov 7 16:45:53 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 09:19 +0000, Justin Hornsby wrote:
> I asked a developer about DVB signal quality information once upon a
> time - as long ago as 0.14 MythTV was capable of recording basic
> signal quality stats.  Allegedly that caused too many problems for
> some users so the code was pulled.  That'd explain why you can't find
> any mention of it now ;)

It apparently caused too many I2C messages for the DVB drivers
to continue to deliver video reliably. We need a half dozen
hacks just to get some of the DVB drivers to tune to a channel,
so there is no way we'll be enabling signal stats anytime soon.

Some of the DVB devs are aware of the I2C problems so the
drivers may get fixed some day. When they are, MythTV could
easily be modified to monitor the signal continuously.

-- Daniel