[mythtv-users] how do I bring myth frontend to the "top"?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Nov 6 11:26:57 UTC 2006

On Nov 6, 2006, at 3:11 PM, Richard Bronosky wrote:

> I want to make it easy for my wife to switch from Firefox to Myth and
> vice versa.  I'd like to make one of the media buttons on the wireless
> KB go to her web mail in FF, and one button on the KB and the remote
> go to the running mythfrontend, or launch it if it is not running.
>
> Is there a shell script way to tell X to bring an app to the top?
> Is there a good way to make a certain button on the remote (using
> LIRC) to do a specific thing, no matter what app is on top?
> Do you have a preferred way of utilizing the media buttons on a USB
> KB?
>
> Please advise.

I don't remember the command to bring a particular window into focus,
but you would use irexec to accomplish that. Load irexec on startup
and in your lirc config, specify irexec as the app and the config
points to a file it should when the key is pressed. For instance, I
grabbed this from Jarod's guide:

# Power Button
begin
prog = irexec
button = OFF
#button = POWER # (for my RS15-2116 remote)
repeat = 4
config = /usr/local/bin/mythpowerbutton.sh
end

Modify to suit your needs. You can make buttons do all kinds of fun
stuff. :)