[mythtv-users] MythTV on a VIA Epia

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Nov 6 20:00:56 UTC 2006

Al Banks wrote:
> For anyone who is running Myth on an Epia - how is the playback
> quality on live tv?

It looks good to me.  As someone else pointed out, though, quality is
subjective, and there are a *lot* of variables -- signal strength,
capture device, output device, and settings.  I'm using the default
capture settings (480x480) on my hardware MPEG2 card, and I'm sure some
people would consider that just awful.  I was skeptical and fully
expected to bump up the recording resolution after testing, but from the
distance I view at I don't notice much difference between Myth and the
direct composite input from my VCR's tuner.  I'm running it into a
projector, using the VGA input.  The projector is an older LCD unit,
1024x768, and I've got an image diagonal of maybe five feet.