[mythtv-users] Re; Recording lots of random things

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 6 18:06:43 UTC 2006

On 11/05/2006 02:21 PM, Stephen Sassman wrote:
> > Mythtv keeps a recording of what you view on live TV. You can
> > choose not to show these recordings in your list of recordings.
> > They are also expired very quickly, and before all other
> > recordings, so they don't really get in the way of anything.
>

>  Cool, it would have taken me a long time to figure that out. I never
>  noticed it before, but after installing 0.20 on this PC I couldn't
>  figure out what was happening.

Actually, it would have only taken a few minutes...

Step 1--*before* upgrading--read the "What's new" (in your case--since
you're upgrading from 0.18--for versions 0.19, 0.19.1, and 0.20):
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.19
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.19.1
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.20

(reading /at least/ the "New Features" section of each).

Step 2--Upgrade.

Step 3--*after* upgrading, but *before* posting--read the FAQ:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
(and, in your case, specifically)
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Live_TV_Questions

Mike