[mythtv-users] video plays too fast on ABC. out of sync.

Inor Kuo inorkuo at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 13:28:14 UTC 2006

<Hopefully building from source works. I've always done that and have
<not had any sync issues.
<
<Let us know if it solves the problem.
<
<--
<Steve

I successfully installed from source using the svn version of myth.  I think
am closer to a resolution.  The last version of myth from atrpm's that I was
using did not have opengl vertical sync compiled as an option.  After
compiling from source and enabling this option, abc recordings play in sync.
However all of my other recordings now suffer from nvp: prebuffering pause
every couple of seconds.  If I use libmpeg2 as the decoder and disable
realtime priority threads, the nvp prebuffering pauses are much less
frequent but with libmpeg2, ffwd and rwd is blocky and freezes after 5
seconds.  Isn't that the way it always is.fix one thing and another breaks.

After a little research, I ended up using the following options.  I have an
amd athlon 4200+ and a 3800+ with nvidia 6150 graphics in my 2 machines.

/configure --enable-dvb --enable-xvmc --enable-opengl-vsync
--enable-xvmc-pro --arch=i686 --enable-proc-opt --prefix=/usr/local

I don't think there is anything wrong with my compile options.  I suspect
that there is something wrong with my nvidia driver.  I am using 8776 from
atrpms for fc6.  I tried using the .run file from nvidia's site, but the
installer failed saying it can't compile the kernel modules.  With axel's
rpms I cannot open the nvidia settings dialog.  I tried 9626 but I could
only get it to display 800x600.  I probably should not have gone with fc6
but having the latest and greatest was just too tempting.  So I feel like I
am making progress and learning a little bit as I go along.

Thanks for the help so far,

Inor

Inor Kuo

 Manager - Operations