[mythtv-users] which resolution on a 16:10 lcd?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 6 05:02:02 UTC 2006

On 11/05/2006 11:34 AM, come se fosse antani wrote:
> thank you, mike. I set the display size to 365 228 (for my resolution
> of 1440x900).
> As far as I understand from the wiki page you pointed me, that's
> related to the font.
> it's that somehow related to tv scaling?

Anymore, it's more related to TV scaling than fonts, but I haven't
gotten around to updating the wiki info, yet.  (Really, updating the
info when the next release of MythTV is made is most appropriate.)  In
general, though, font-sizing issues are only 1 of the symptoms of an
improperly set DisplaySize.

The primary purpose of DisplaySize (in X /and/ MythTV) is to set the
physical aspect ratio so that things like images and video are displayed
properly on screen.

Mike