[mythtv-users] Bay Area antenna tuning [was Re: OT - Antenna tuning/aiming]

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Mon Nov 6 04:49:45 UTC 2006

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 07:07:24PM -0800, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> * A new antenna. Obviously, given my living quarters, I'm limited to
>   indoor antennas. The general consensus is that the Silver Sensor is
>   on average far better than any other indoor antenna out there,
>   including the horrible Terk amplified models, but perhaps my
>   situation is not average.

I tried the Silver Sensor when I lived in downtown Boston,
(coincidentally, also on the 13^H^H14th floor of a high-rise
building); it was crap.

I'm currently using a pair of $19.99 Radio Shack 15-1868 indoor
antennas:

http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=15-1868&origkw=15-1868

[whoops, now $20.99, they must be selling like hot cakes]

You've got nothing to lose, except for the time it takes to return
them if they don't satisfy your needs.

--Rob