[mythtv-users] more than one capture card

brian boyle homepvr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 02:32:46 UTC 2006

> v 5, 2006, at 1:52 PM, William Pettersson wrote:
>

> > Bad idea.  Home brew serial port transmitters rarely use RS232
> > signalling.  They actually just hijack the port, disable regular RS232
> > comms, and then signal by manually toggling different wires.  Of
> > course,
> > doing this over USB means the USB device needs to also support manual
> > toggling of all (or at least some) of the various wires.
>

> Quite right, and I am sure the reason the LIRC folks said it was a
> bad idea.
>
> I was thinking of the MyBlaster device, which is known to work well
> with the USB-to-Serial converters, but it uses true RS-232 signaling.
>
> But of course The MyBlaster costs $$$, as does a serial port card.
> The OP indicated that a port card had some sort of problem, not sure
> why.
>
> But the solution might just come down to available slots on the
> motherboard, the MyBlaster not requiring one and a port card doing
> so. Some modern motherboards do have two serial ports, I have a
> Gigabyte K8NSC-939 that has 2 serial and 5 PCI slots, it would
> probably make a nice Myth system.

no. both receivers use the same codes. they are identical and when i used
the old machine i had no problem but i had two serial ports.

so what i am looking for is a system that can control two identical
receivers. before i had to turn one around backwards so one did not
interfere with the other.

Thanks Guys.

Brian.