[mythtv-users] more than one capture card

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Nov 5 23:23:08 UTC 2006

On Nov 5, 2006, at 1:19 PM, brian boyle wrote:

> but how do you get one device to control two identical receivers
> independently?

I'm not familiar with your receivers but I am assuming that they use
different codes, so one remote doesn't interfere with the other.

The MyBlaster device actually knows the various codes itself, rather
than depend on lirc to tell it what they are.

So you simply send a serial message to the MyBlaster telling it what
code set and what command to send, the codeset selection is part of
the perl script that sends the commands.

So you simply have two different perl scripts, one for each device,
but they both talk to the same MyBlaster and thus need only one
serial port.

If you are using two identical devices and depending on some sort of
light isolation to keep them from responding to each other then this
method will not work.