[mythtv-users] How many PVR cards can one system take?

malcolm torrent malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 21:37:22 UTC 2006

I've had up to 7 recordings running simultaneously on a 2600 Athlon
backend with loading less than 0.30. [to a 3 drive LVM]. [2x Dual
Dvico fusion, 1x pinnicle dvb-t, 1x pvr 500].
The only issue I have with a very large number of tuners was a problem
getting adequate antenna signal into 4 or more cards at the same time.
Because of the loses you need several external amps and the cabling is
a real mess!
I've settled on 2x Dual DVB-T cards as recording more that 4 channels
too often means you don't have time to watch the results!
Mal.

> Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 07:23:13 -0700
> From: Brian Wood <beww at beww.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] How many PVR cards can one system take?
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>

> On Nov 5, 2006, at 6:43 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
> > On 11/05/2006 03:00 AM, Chris Isip wrote:
> >> I have 2 PVR 250 cards happily running in a Soyo KT400 with Athlon
> >> 2400 XP.  I have a spare pvr 500 which I can put in this box.  I
> >> wonder if anybody has created a 4 tuner setup.
> >
> > Yep.
>
> Here too, 4 PVR-150s

[snip]