[mythtv-users] Recording lots of random things

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Nov 5 18:08:34 UTC 2006

On Nov 5, 2006, at 11:01 AM, Marco Nelissen wrote:

>> Hmmm, looks like it's only recording random stuff from live tv. Of
>> course I
>> can record things that I schedule, but it still records lots of
>> stuff I
>> don't want from live tv. Anybody seen something like this???
>
> Mythtv keeps a recording of what you view on live TV. You can
> choose not to
> show these recordings in your list of recordings. They are also
> expired
> very quickly, and before all other recordings, so they don't really
> get in the way of anything.

Especially if you channel surf a lot you will wind up with a lot of
little recordings but, as Marco said, they cause no trouble and
shouldn't bother you once you understand what's happening.

And of course they can be very useful if your surfing stumbles into
something interesting that you didn't know about in advance, no doubt
the reason this useful feature was created.