[mythtv-users] the problem with the flicker IS mythtv :(

come se fosse antani antani at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 20:05:15 UTC 2006

Hi.
I try to explain my problems with my remote (atiusb) and mythtv.
Since I use mythtv, I noticed that every button press on my remote
produce a flicker on my monitor (before crt, now a lcd) with mythtv
and also with mplayer or xine.
Today two new test:
- mythfrontend running (I've a BE/FE), launching "irw" and pressing
buttons, not configured for mythtv in the .lircrc, don't produce any
flicker on the monitor.
- without mythfrontend running, I launch mplayer and using the remote
don't show me any flicker.
If I run mythfrontend, and then mplayer (from mythvideo for example,
or also from a console), I can notice a flicker every time I press a
button on the remote.

Any suggestions?

thanks