[mythtv-users] mythstreamtv and mythweb hostname question

ken dinoshifty at mailshack.com
Sat Nov 4 18:30:39 UTC 2006

I have setup mythstreamtv and mythweb (.20) on my FC5 backend.
The problem I have is very similar to the one discussed in this post :-
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/220024?search_string=mythstreamtv;#220024
ie: (When I access mythstreamtv and select a show, the file name handed
to VLC is a "myth://" protocol URL, not a local file. VLC, then,
complains that it doesn't know how to handle the myth:// protocol.)
As Albernat discovered the answer is to ensure that the requesting
hostname and local hostname are the same.
However when I changed the hostname in mysql.txt file in the backend to
be identical to the machine hostname it does not cure the problem.
Only by changing the machine hostname back to  localhost.localdomain can
I get mythweb to pass the local file name to mythstreamtv.
My backend was originally set up with the hostname localhost.localdomain
however I had to change it (to mythbox) due to problems with samba
sharing to windows machines.
Is there something I am missing here.

Thanks