[mythtv-users] Mythweb stream recorded video to Windows client

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Nov 4 17:39:25 UTC 2006

I searched around and couldn't find anything helpful..  :(

I currently have a hacked DirecTiVo which has a web interface to it.  On
the window system, I have the "TyShow" codec installed to allow Windows
Media Player to play the files from the tivo.  Now, if I click on "view"
next to a recorded show's name within the web interface, a small file
gets downloaded and Windows Media Player pops up and happily plays the
content (well, "happily" is relative... it doesn't like to rewind, but
that's another story),

I am wondering if it is possible to do the same thing with Mythweb.  Not
that I use this interface, but, some times it works out easier to have
the kids at a computer or laptop watching a show (to keep 'em quiet).
Right now, if I click on the name of a Recorded Program in MythWeb, it
downloads the entire mpg file to the client, and then launches Windows
Media Player.

In contrast, the tiny file that is getting downloaded from the tivo
looks like this:
<asx version="3.0">
<title>TiVoWeb ASX file</title>
<entry>
<title>Teen Titans - Titans East</title>
<author>TiVo Stream</author>
<ref href="tivo://192.168.1.30/3135828" />
</entry>
</asx>

Is it possible to configure MythWeb to do something similar?  Or is this
a job for "MythStream"?

-Rich