[mythtv-users] surround sound.

brian boyle homepvr at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 15:39:25 UTC 2006

hey folks.

i have a question about surround sound and digital outputs. my current
frontend has an on board Via sound card that i have given up trying to get
the digital output to work the way i think it should. so the question is, do
you have any recommendations for a sound card that has ether coax digital or
optical that can be used for "everything," basic TV with stereo so my
surround amp can decode the prologic, and multi channel (5.1 or 7.1)
surround for movies when i watch DVDs or AVIs.

again my amp should do all the work of decoding digital to analog but i
really want a card that i could do everything digital right into the amp and
let it do all the work.

of course as with everything, cost is a factor and i am also looking for
ease of setup as it seems lately i have no time.

Thanks everyone.

Brian.