[mythtv-users] no audio on an hd3000 fc6 myth 0.20 system

Carlos Puchol cpg at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 4 10:48:34 UTC 2006

hi,

i have a system with an hd3000 card that, after it was
seemingly working, it lost audio.

i got some egg on my face today. a friend had put together
an entire system to be able to run myth with hd tv
(over the air). he used a pchdvt hd3000 card.
he gave up on it after hitting many issues
over a period of a couple of months.

i told him i could do it fairly easily. i installed fedora
core 6, and the myth-suite from atrpms (0.20).
i could not receive signal very well with my rabbit antenna
indoors. however, i had some video and audio.

when i did this i was at my home. i went to his place today
and hooked it up to his hdtv. then set up all the channel
sources for his zip code in the program guide and also
reconfigured things from scratch with mythtv-setup.

problem is that when all was said and done, there is
no audio being picked up on any of the 20 stations or so
that are picked up. video (both sd and hd) are
great (not as perfect as with his hdtv tuner, but really good;
we still need to get the full resolution of his hdtv set).

all we can hear (with the volume to the max) is some barely
audible crackling and popping noise that seems to go along
with the video.

now, the machine can play mp3 audio files just fine with xmms,
and the fc6 soundcard detection works well.

the system is an athlon 64 machine with nvidia c51 and mcp51
chipset. the livna nvidia graphic driver seems to work fine
(not the atrpms).

any ideas on how to proceed?

we have looked at all of mythtv-setup menu
items as well as the mythfrontend setup entries
and made reasonable assumptions.

we're using the dvb version of the driver.

thanks for your pointers/ideas in advance.

thanks!

-c