[mythtv-users] OT: Small, quiet, inexpensive case?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Nov 3 17:34:09 UTC 2006

On Nov 3, 2006, at 9:55 AM, A JM wrote:

> Kind of a little off topic as I don't know if they sell cases but if
> your looking for small?? anyone know anything about these?
>
> http://www.cappuccinopc.com/

Interesting but pretty pricey. $75 for an 802.11b card add-on seems
really high for example. It would be high even if it was an 802.11g.
$20 would seem more appropriate for an 802.11a/b/g mini-pci card,
even from Intel.

The original (G4) Mac Minis are starting to be available used and re-
furbed for about the same price as I see these little things going
for, as are used/re-furbed laptops. The Aopen Mac Mini clone is cheap
as well, as was mentioned here yesterday.

I bought a "U-Buddie" from the Computer Geeks for $99, another $30
for RAM and $20 for an 802.11g card. As far as I can tell it's the
same as the Cappucino "Buddy" machine that they want over $500 for.
VIA cpu and Unichrome graphics. (They're not available from that
source anymore, but they are around).

$500 will buy you a decent full-blown PC these days.