[mythtv-users] Firewire: plugreport shows nothing

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 16:55:02 UTC 2006

On 10/30/06, Rob Baumstark <rbaumstark at gmail.com> wrote:
> After a lot of screwing around, I've finally decided to rebuild to
> gentoo / myth .20 - it's compiling stuff right now, and sometime in
> the next few days I'll be moving it from my office back to the living
> room.  I did confirm that the STB is working still - plugging a
> windows box into it I can still capture with CapDVHS.

I never received any feedback on the linux1394 mailing list.  So I
bought a new firewire card (side note: the original card was $40 at
CompUSA; I'll be taking it back.  I ordered a new one from newegg for
$12!).

Anyway, now I get the following when I run plugreport:

Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x00004c0100003fe7
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Node 1 GUID 0x0016b5fffeabb4f0
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=1, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

I have only the cable STB plugged into the firewire card.  So I'm not
sure if the STB is on node 0 or 1.

Either way, test-mpeg2 > file produces an empty (zero byte) file.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,
matt