[mythtv-users] Microsoft MCE Remote - Mute Button

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri Nov 3 04:40:59 UTC 2006

Robin Gilks wrote:

>>> In my case I had to change the definition to use "|" because F9 via the
>>> keyboard or the remote wasn't being recognized.
>> Sorry, I wasn't too clear.  :)  Yes, I can program through Myth, but I
>> was wondering if it was programmable on the remote, like the TV Power
>> and Volume buttons are.  I'd prefer to have it mute the TV instead of
>> muting Myth.
>>

> Why not use an IR blaster in front of the TV and trap the Mute code from
> the remote using irexec within the mythtv box, which then calls a shell
> script that sends the correct code on the IR blaster to the TV to mute it.
>
> Thats what I do for my home theatre system and the TV (just to turn them
> on/off).

you don't even have to use a shell command, you can just use irexec with
and irsend command in your .lircrc

i just set it up today and wow is it great. no more 3 remotes.

http://lirc.org/html/irsend.html

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E