[mythtv-users] Information/Recommendations on a new MythTV

Timothy Chartier thymus at earthling.net
Fri Nov 3 02:51:33 UTC 2006

> You want to use /dev/video0.  You will select composite, RCA, or S-Video in
> mythtvsetup.

Ok I did that and I am stil not getting video. THe way I am triyngto get video is to start the backend, start hte frontend, and then goto watch video. I thkink my setup is messed up somehow.
Most of the config seems prety self explanatory however I do have some questions.
1) What does /dev/vbi0 do?
2) Whats /dev/dspW? I saw an error one upon a time aobut this not being avaiable. How do I correctly make it?
3) Why do I have channels if my input od composite form the satalite reciver?
4) Zaptoit (or some similiar domain name) keeps rejecting me when I try to fill the data base. Isn't iut supposed to be free? and I am thinking that is why there as a username and password in the set up at one point (Other then the MySQL database).
5) when watching video how does on change channels?

I think that is hte ones for tonight. Here is my current settings for referance. There is probably something messed up as I don't have any video. On the flip side I can recorde a blank screen now so progress is being made.
TIA
-Thymus

Host address backend setup:
===================
IP : 127.0.0.1
Server Port: 6543
Shows Port: 6544
Master IP: 127.0.0.1

Directory: /var/lib/mythtv
(X) Delete Shows Slowly (checked)

TV Format: NTSC
VBI Format: None
Channel Freq: us-bcst
Time Offset for XMLTV Listing: None
(X) Master Backend Overide.
(  ) Follow sym links when deleting files

Time Offset for EIT Listings: Auto
EIT Transport Timeout (min): 5
( ) Cross Source EIT
Backend Idle Before EIT Crawl (seconds): 60

Starup Command: (blank)
(X) Block Shutdown before Client Connected
Idle Timeout (Sec): 0
Max Wait for Recording (Min): 15
Startup Before Recording (seconds): 120
Wakeup Time Format: HH:MM yyyy-MM-dd
Set wakeuptime command: (command)
Server Halt Command: sudo /sbin/halt -p
Pre Shutdown Check-Command: (command)

Master Backend Reconnect wait time (sec): 0
Count of reconnect tries: 5
Wake Command: (blank)
Wake Command for Slaves: (blank)

Max Simultaneous Jobs on this Backend: 1
Job Check Frequency (sec): 60
Job Queue Start Time: 00:00
Job Queue End Time: 23:59
CPU Usage: Low
(X) Allow Commercial Detection Jobs
(X) Allow Transcoding Jobs
(  ) Allow User Job #1
(  ) Allow User Job #2
(  ) Allow User Job #3
(  ) Allow User Job #4

( ) Run Jobs only on original Recording Host
( ) Start Auto Commercial Flagging Jobs when recording Starts
Commercial Flagger Command: mythcommflag
Transcoder Command: mythtranscode
( ) Run Transcode Jobs before Auto-Commercial Flagging.
( ) Save original files after transcoding (globally)

User Job #1 Description: User Job #1
User Job #1 Command: (blank)
User Job #2 Description: User Job #2
User Job #2 Command: (blank)
User Job #3 Description: User Job #3
User Job #3 Command: (blank)
User Job #4 Description: User Job #4
User Job #4 Command: (blank)

Capture Cards
==========
V4L: /dev/video0
   Card Type: Analog V4L Capture Card
   Video Device: /dev/video0
   Probed Info: Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 [ivtv]
   VBI Device: /dev/vbi0
   Audio Device: /dev/dspW
   Audio Sampling Rate Sampling: None.
   ( ) Do Not Adjust Volume
   Default Input: Composite

Video Sources:
===========
Composite In
   Video Source Name: Composite In
   XMLTV listings grabber: North America (DataDirect)
   User ID: (Blank)
   Password: (blank)
   Data Direct Lineup: (blank)
   (  ) Preform EIT Scan
   Channel frequency table: Default

Input:
====
Input Connections
  V4L:/dev/video0 (tuner 1) --> (None)
  V4L:/dev/video0 (S-Video 1) --> (None)
  V4L:/dev/video0 (Composite 1) --> Composite In
  V4L:/dev/video0 (S-Video 2) --> (None)
  V4L:/dev/video0 (Composite 2) --> (None)

Channels: (Populated by Channel Scanner)
=====
Channels 2-83 are listed
Sort Mode: Channel Name
Video Source: All
( ) Hide Channels with out a channel number

--

Search for products and services at:
http://search.mail.com