[mythtv-users] Main Menu disapeared

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 22:32:33 UTC 2006

On 11/2/06, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not currently using XvMC; I don't think my card even supports it.
> I'm using the older driver because, for some reason, the newer drivers
> would put garbled text on my desktop.

As coincidence would have it, I logged-on to the Internet with the intenting
to download 7174, and I will soon after sending this e-mail.

I have a dual boot Knoppmyth/FC4 box. Knoppmyth works pretty well. FC 4
no-so-much.

Knoppmyth uses 7174, FC 4 is using 8184 (I believe) -- So the driver might
be FC 4's problem/solution.

In researching this problem, I seem to recall reading that XvMC is not
supported until the 5000 series -- thus the lack of XvMC.