[mythtv-users] linutop as a mythfrontend

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Nov 2 20:30:15 UTC 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 1:11 PM, Matt Rude wrote:

> I don’t know if I would call $300.00 USD cheap.  You can build a
> nice VIA-M system for that.

For less than that you can get a used Dell Inspiron 7500, and that
includes a 15" LCD display, a hard drive, PCMCIA slots and pretty
decent video hardware.

The "U-Buddy"s with the VIA processors can be had for $99 plus RAM.

Used PIII desktops are CHEAP is you have the space as well.

This product would be competitive at $100 or so, not at $300 IMHO.