[mythtv-users] Manually inserting "recorded programs" into the DB and commercial flagging

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 17:39:45 UTC 2006

On 11/2/06, Joel Means <jmeans at physics.tamu.edu> wrote:

> Iohan Reyes wrote:
> > I have a little bit of a background on mysql so I decided to poke around
> > in the mythconverg database.  I'm starting to understand how the tables
> > relate to one another, but am still learning.  My specific question and
> > the subject of this email is what table and which fields are absolutely
> > necessary to fill-in with information so that I can commercial flag an
> > mpeg file that was recorded from outside of mythtv?
> >
> > Here's the scenario, I have recorded a few programs on my Tivo and
> > extracted them as mpeg files onto my MythTV box.  I have figured out how
> > to make them show up in the "Watch Recordings" list by inserting rows in
> > the 'recorded' table.  The reason I want them in "Watch Recordings"
> > instead of in "Watch Videos" are purely for convenience and less
> > confusion for other family members.  Now, the last step I would like to
> > accomplish is to commflag the mpeg files, but I'm not sure which other
> > tables need to be populated with what info to make this possible.

The jobqueue table controls the jobs that need to be run. It's fairly
strait forward...
ofcourse... I've only re-queued jobs or added jobs to shows that myth had
put in to the recorded table... I don't know if there are any other tables
invlolved.... to re-queue a job ( or add a new one you do )
insert into jobqueue (chanid, starttime, type, status) values
(1014,'2006-10-27 19:00:00',256,1); ( where 256 corresponds to user
job #1 in my case )
If you have a record already there and want to re-queue it, you can do:
update jobqueue set status=1, hostname='', comment='' where id = xxx;
xxx is the id of the job in the table. For you... you just want to add
commerical
scan jobs, so you'd do inserts. On my box... type 2 is for the commerical
flagging jobs.

jack