[mythtv-users] howto store ivtv brightness settings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 2 03:23:32 UTC 2006

On 11/01/06 20:31, Mike wrote:

>On 10/29/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 13:28 -0500, Mike wrote:
>>

>>>Each time /dev/video1 starts recording it changes the brightness
>>>setting to be too dark.  See the bottom is 178 instead of 128.  If i
>>>manually change it back to 128, the next records sets it right back to
>>>178.  Any idea how to make this stay at 128?  Is there a table this is
>>>stored within myth?
>>>

>>Look at the keys.txt file, I believe you will be interested in the
>>functions on 'G' and 'Ctrl-G'.
>>
>Actually I was looking for settings for recording brightness, not
>playback brightness.

Says the guy who totally ignored Daniel's suggestion.

>With everyone

except, of course, Daniel

> stumped on this one, I was able to finally solve this by
>adjusting the brightness values stored in the mythconverg database in
>the capturecard table.  A setting of 6000 for brightness made all the
>difference in the world.  Each time the channel is changed it feeds
>these values to the capture card and records at the correct
>brightness.
>
>Now when I take the video on DVD to other TV sets I can actually see
>the video.  :)

For those searching the archives, Daniel's advice is exactly correct and
directly editing the database settings is /not/ the recommended
solution.  See, also, the pretty HTML version of keys.txt at
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1 (section "Watching TV
only", for this issue).

Mike