[mythtv-users] Automatically restart backend on failure? (Gentoo)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Nov 1 21:32:34 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 11:35 -0500, John Drescher wrote:
>         > Can you point me to documentation about how to do that ? I
>         would like
>         > to submit a complete and meaningfull bug report about the
>         crash but I
>         > really dont know how to gather the necessary info.
>
> On gentoo emerge mythtv with the debug  use flag.
>
> jmd0 ~ # USE="debug" emerge -av mythtv
>
> Then you can follow the rest of the guide.

Please do not submit bug reports to svn.mythtv.org on anything
you didn't compile directly. Package managers, like emerge, compile
MythTV with patches and often with unsupported options to configure.
You can report problems with packages to the package maintainer,
but if you want the problem solved I suggest following the MythTV
compilation guide and reporting the problem directly to us.

-- Daniel