[mythtv-users] Significant UI delays using 0.20 ?

Ed Gatzke ed.gatzke.groups at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 20:05:15 UTC 2006

> I've seen similar things - starting playback takes 5-10 seconds,
> exiting playback as well... I've put it down to disk I/O, although the
> delays do feel a bit excessive.
>
> If entering the Watch recordings screen takes a long time, I'd try
> optimizing the database first.

My box enters the view modes ok, going to live TV and watch recordings.
Starting the video may take a second or two, but that is to be expected I
think, especially with HD.

The worst is when just navigating the UI and it hangs and you have no idea
if it is thinking (loading) or what it is doing.  No hourglas, just
non-responsive.   Getting back from the "are you sure you want to exit myth"
screen to main menu takes forever, and some of the archive functions.  The
setup UI seems ok for me.