[mythtv-users] MythMusic - Nested Playlists "Survey"

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed May 31 20:54:07 UTC 2006

There's some talk on the dev list going on regarding Colin Guthrie and
Co.'s work on the MythMusic db and some other MythMusic areas being
worked on. The hope being to combine this and the SoC2006 work that
will be done.

One issue that has come up is the idea of nested playlists, which if I
understand correctly is the ability for a playlist to reference
another playlist.

What would be helpful to know (since none of us seem to actually use
this method) is how users use this.
If those that find these nested playlists useful, please respond with
answers to the following questions,

) How do you use nested playlists?
) Are there any downfalls to nested playlists that you have found?
) Why do you use nested playlists? What is the basic goal you are
trying to accomplish that nested playlists allow for?
) If there were an alternate method to accomplish your goal in using
nested playlists, how would you like it to work?
) Any other comments on this that you would like to give would be
helpful as well, and may spark other questions regarding their use and
implementation.

This should be enough for us now, we may, obviously have some follow
up questions. I plan on correlating all this information back to
Colin, and I assume he'll read the thread as well;
So would also be helpful if this doesn't become a discussion thread
regarding peoples answers outside of requests for clarification, any
comments or suggestions to users I politely ask to create a separate
thread for.

Thanks!
--
Steve