[mythtv-users] MythArchive: dvdauthor problems again

Daniel A Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Wed May 31 18:03:40 UTC 2006

Lukas Kasprowicz wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 30.05.2006, 17:24 -0700 schrieb Daniel A. Segel:

>> ERROR: Failed while running dvdauthor. Result: -11
>>

> Sorry for the short message its late i have to go to bed ;)
>
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/10059
>
> Please read the message.

OK, but here's the weird thing:

I have MythBurn installed separately from MythArchive on the same
machine. They both use the same programs (e.g. dvdauthor) to do their
job. They both offer similar choices for menus, etc.

MythBurn works, all the way through to dvdauthor, and successfully
creates an ISO file. MythArchive, fed the same source file and given
similar options, does not - it does something that makes dvdauthor to
crash. I take this to mean that it is feeding some of the upstream
programs options that are resulting in a bad intermediate file.

I could be wrong, but it doesn't look to me like dvdauthor is the
problem. For many of my recordings in the past, and for one particular
recording now, MythBurn works and MythArchive does not.

That being said, I love MythArchive and much prefer it to my MythBurn
installation because MythArchive integrated into Myth itself and the
developer seems very helpful. I just wish it worked as well as MythBurn.

Daniel