[mythtv-users] iTunes and MythMusic

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Wed May 31 04:27:47 UTC 2006

I manage my mythmuisc playlists using itunes. The way I manage this is:
1) Make some changes in itunes (on my windows machine) - either
adding/editing playlists, or adding new music. (All these mp3's are
stored on the windows machine)
2) On the mythtv machine, run a script to read through the itunes xml
database file, and copy any new music from the windows machine to the
linux machine.
3) In mythtv, run the "scan for new music" function.
4) Run a second script to update the playlists.

If no new music has been added, just new playlists, I can skip steps 2 and 3.

Yes this means all my mp3's are on two machines, but that was my
intention - sort of a backup. I'm sure these scripts could be modified
to use a central repositry for thet mp3 files. I just find this
easier.