[mythtv-users] [Mythtv-users] - Slightly OT - New TV or Plasma in Aust

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed May 31 04:26:33 UTC 2006

On 5/31/06, Chris Henderson <jchendo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm,
> That is interesting.
> from all of this mycurrent specs are
>
> Plasma or LCD (wife wants the thin one)

They're both thin - no real difference.

> 42" of  screen size.
> 1366 x 768 res

You're probably looking at plasma then. 42" LCDs are significantly
more expensive.

>             Inputs
> VGA or DVI, component video and s-video The 1366 x 768 res seems to be very
> popular with the makes. I will have to have a look at this JB HiFi one,
> sound interesting.

Yeah, 1366x768 is a popular resolution. It'll look best if you can
feed it a signal at native resolution, if it only takes 1024x768 then
there will be some horizontal scaling going on.

> Main thing is I don't wanna be stuck in the same position I am in now. I
> have a 68cm Sony TV. but Myth looks crap on it Because it only has the Red,
> White Yellow connectors.
>
> If I buy this then I don't wanna make the same mistake.

You want to make sure than the problem is infact with the output
quality and not the input/recording quality. How do DVDs look through
Myth with your current TV? Have you tried your Myth system with a
monitor? That would give you a better idea of how it will look on a
plasma or LCD screen.

Steve