[mythtv-users] No text, just little boxes...

Jason Williams jasonw at tulg.org
Wed May 31 03:27:47 UTC 2006

So, here's the oddest thing.

Whenever I run any of the mythtv progs, ie: mythtv-setup,
mythfrontend, etc, I do not get any words.  Where there should be
letters for text, I get square boxes.

A bit of background on this, and I have done this perfectly fine
before, this is the mythbackend stuff basically installed on a
machine with just the encoder card.  There is no video, no console on
this machine so all configuration is done via an X forward over ssh.
Everything else in the X forward works ok, but I am not getting any
text, just empty boxes.

Any thoughts or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

--
Jason