[mythtv-users] Myth suddenly deleteing all recordings

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed May 31 01:45:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 02:30:10AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/28/2006 10:29 PM, stan wrote:
> > I've been using Myth from KoppMyth for over a year now. I upgraded
> > to the latest release, and was able to keep all myy old recordings,
> > about a month agao.
> >
> > The other day it sudenly deleted allmos all of my 0.5Tb of recordings.
> >

> You sure it really deleted them?
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F
>
> > This morning when I left hoem, I had recordigns, and had to exteremly
> > impotant programs scheduled. Tonight when I got home it had zero recorded
> > shows. These problems seem to conincide with a DataDirect run.
> >
> > Any ide what to start looking for?
>
> Sounds like you have an error in the configuration of one of your video
> sources.  mythfilldatabase logs would help.

One more data point, I keep finding files like thie:

1099_20060529143000_20060529173000.nuv

in /myth/tv that are less than 100 bytes long. I suspect this is related to the
disapearing recordings problem somehow.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967