[mythtv-users] Washed out color

Skip Fockelmann balvenie21 at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 15:13:16 UTC 2006

When watching or recording TV, I get very washed out
color--Has anyone else experienced this or maybe know
some ivtvctl settings I could use to change this? I've
googled and searched all the newsgroups but only found
one setting for a PVR-350
ivtvctl -j reg=0x6c,val=0xfa -d /dev/video16
ivtvctl -j reg=0x2d,val=0x38 -d /dev/video16

which didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated!

Setup:

Charter digital cable connected like this:

cable Wall outlet --> Motorola 2224 coax out --> TV
Motorola Composites --> PVR-150
Nvidia GeForce 5200 --> S-Video out --> TV S-video in.

Here is the result of ivtvctl -Y

ioctl: VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL
Brightness = 383
Contrast = 63