[mythtv-users] MythArchive. Runs but I have serious problems.

Lukas Kasprowicz lukas.kasprowicz at online.de
Tue May 30 13:58:51 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 30.05.2006, 06:44 -0700 schrieb
drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com:
> > > I have two problems. The first is ffmpeg took way too long. I am running on a
> > dual
> >
> > ffmpeg should only run, when show is not in dvd compatible format. dvb
> > recordings should be almost in dvd compatible format.
> >
> I did get this message. My hauppage 250 outputs a mpeg stream of 480x480.
This is not dvd compatible.

Would be interesting if it is trying to convert to 1/2 [pal|ntsc] or the
full one.

> > > time should be 10 to 15 minutes. Also the video is very jerkey when played on a
> > It takes ~30 minutes for creating dvd from remote dvb recordings for me.
> >
> I was talking about the time it takes mythburn and projectx to do the same operation
>  with my hauppage mpegs...
>

> > If it was a low quality xvid or something else it is normal.
> > > standalone player as it creshed ogle right after the menu on the linux box. I
> >
> > Have you tested it with xine or mplayer to exclude a ogle bug?
> >
> Did not try that but I remember someone posting a message to this list about not
> getting xine to work in a similar way so I thought there was some bug.. Will
> investigate that later as it is less important than the other one..

If mythburn builds a 1/2 [pal|ntsc] maybe your standalone dvd player
does not know it.
I am going to take a look on the code later. Maybe i find something
about what it should use.

> > > believe the log has some warnings that may be of interest:
> >
> > > video DTS inconsistent:  0:25:33.197  0:25:33.197  0:25:33.264  0:25:32.764
> > diff:
> > > 0:00:00.066
> > >
> > > I have checked and the original does not have this problem.
> >
> > This comes from mythreplex. The file seems to have a A/V diff of 66ms
> > does this come only for a few minutes in the video? the time is the
> > position in the video file. This happenes sometimes. Maybe through a old
> > mythtranscode.
> >

> I am running the latest svn of myth as of Monday May 29

But was the file cutted before with mythtranscode? with which version of
mythtranscode was the file cut?
Is it for the whole video?