[mythtv-users] DVB-T viewing problem with Freecom USB DVB Stick

Leigh Saunderson lsaunderson at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 30 08:48:50 UTC 2006

John Easy wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I have just installed mythtv and I am a total novice.  I have got it
>working under FC5 and all seems to operate, until I try and view live
>TV.
>
>The channel scan seems to be successful, as I get the channels I expect,
>but when I try and view Live TV it complains about poor signal and is
>unable to lock to any channel.  I have had the DVB stick working wih
>Kaffeine, with no problems.  I presume that it must be not tuning to the
>correct channel.  I should be tuning to Sandy Heath, but I do not seem
>to be able to specify this in MythTV.

Slightly OT for your original question, but would you mind telling what
version of the Freecom stick you've got working on FC5?
I just got hold of one last week and it's the Feb 2006 version, can't
seem to get it even recognised by the system (apart from the "new usb
device" in syslog).
Was looking forward to having something that Myth can change channels
easier on, compared to my cable box at the moment (haven't got a redeye
remote or anything similar yet).
If you have indeed got the newer Feb 2006 model of the USB stick, would
you mind posting what steps you took to get it running in FC5?
I also tried it with the latest beta live-CD for Kannotix as I'd seen
someone else post saying that it 'just worked', but I've also seen many
other posts about this newer revision not working. (sorry, I haven't got
the USB id to hand at the moment)