[mythtv-users] 480p flickers but 480i doesn't?

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Mon May 29 23:57:53 UTC 2006

I just got a new video card so I could do progressive output to my tv
(only does 480p via component since it is an older set).

The problem I have is that if I do 480p ("TVStandard" "HD480p"), there is
flicker on the screen.  It is most noticeable when the OSD is up.  The
guide also doesn't display properly (colors are weird).  Also interesting
to note is that the overscan option doesn't seem to have an effect
(overscan is always turned on but can not be adjusted or disabled).

If I use HD480i then it works pretty much similar to my older gforce 4
with svideo (overscan works as expected too).

I don't think it's specific to myth since there is an icon on the desktop
that doesn't display properly on HD480p but it does on HD480i.

The flicker goes away on HD480p if I stop using BOB deinterlace, but
that's the best one so I want to use it.

Any suggestions?  I think I'm looking for something in the X setup but I'm
not sure.  Maybe it's just a problem with the video card (leadtek winfast
a6200 tdh agp).  There was an evga one at fries too but I didn't feel like
spending the extra $60, maybe I should have.