[mythtv-users] Setting up MythTV on Dell PowerEdge SC430

wo9m at yahoo.com wo9m at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 01:48:13 UTC 2006

I get the following message upon boot up:

Starting MySQL database server: mysqld.

/usr/bin/mysqlcheck: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user
'mysql'@'localhost' (using password: NO) when trying to connect

Starting MythTV server: mythbackendThis script updates all the mysql
privilege tables to be usable by MySQL 4.0 and above.

This is needed if you want to use the new GRANT functions, CREATE AGGREGATE
FUNCTION, stored procedures, or more secure passwords in 4.1

Got a failure from command:

cat /usr/share/mysql/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql | /usr/bin/mysql
--no-defaults --force --user=mysql --host=localhost --database=mysql

Please check the above output and try again.

Running the script with the --verbose option may give you some information
of what went wrong.

If you get an 'Access denied' error, you should run this script again and
give the MySQL root user password as an argument with the --passwordoption.

Checking for crashed MySQL tables in the background.

QSettings: error creating /.qt

This might be helpful if I knew what script it was executing when the error
occurred.  I tried changing the mythtv user password back to mythtv (I had
changed it due to security concerns), but it didn't seem to help.  How do I
fix this problem (there's probably more than one by the looks of it)?

David